Immense work and academic pressure in our everyday lives is leading to an increasing number of people struggling with memory and cognitive issues. A good way to enhance brain health and functioning and cope with the demands of modern life is to take the support of nootropics, such as Onnit Alpha Brain.
Alpha Brain is a brain booster supplements and one of the oldest nootropics on the market. Before products like Alpha Brain came into the market, nootropics were largely an underground phenomenon. But, with positive user reviews and effective marketing, they have now come into the mainstream. According to Onnit’s official website, Alpha Brain helps in improving focus, optimizing brain wave functioning and reducing stress.
The Alpha Brain nootropic uses all natural ingredients, such as:
- L Tysorine: Helps in improving the mood, and memory and mental alertness of the user, even if the brain is sleep deprived or coping with high levels of stress.
- L-Theanine: An amino acid found in high concentrations in green tea leaves, this ingredient has been proven to increase levels of dopamine and GABA in the brain. This helps in reducing stress and maximizing alpha-brain wave activity.
- Oat Straw: Research shows that extract from wild oat straw is helpful in improving cognitive performance.
- Cat’s Claw: A vine found in the Amazon rainforests, Cat’s Claw has neuro protective properties and also improve brain performance.
- Alpha GPC: Extremely helpful in increasing focus and alertness. It raises the availability of chlorine in the brain, which increases acetylcholine synthesis. Acetylcholine is a vital part of neurons and is crucial for cell signaling.
- Bacopa monnieri: One of the most potent memory enhancers, this is an Indian herb, used for hundreds of years to increase brain performance. It has been found to be particularly helpful for older people with mild cognitive impairment.
- Huperzine A: Proven to improve mental alertness and sharpen memory. According to Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation, Huperzine A can increase the memory and cognition of patients with Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia.
- Vinpocetine: Increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the brain, while reducing inflammation.
Dosage and Side Effect
Since the exact quantity of ingredients of the Alpha Brain nootropic is not known, the exact dosage is difficult to recommend. It is best to start with a small dose.
Being made of natural ingredients, side effects are rare, with some users reporting vomiting, diarrhea, light-headedness, dizziness, cramping, headaches, brain fog, weakness, rapid heartbeat, insomnia and tremors.
Does it Work?
Most of the ingredients used in the Onnit Alpha Brain nootropic have been found to have properties that can benefit brain health. But, the problem lies in the fact that Onnit has not disclosed the quantities of each ingredient used.
While Alpha Brain is a supplement with positive customer reviews, it is always a good idea to learn more before using it.