The Cognium tablet falls under the category of nootropics which means, their function is to enhance the ability to recollect events or actions along with the better process of understanding or cognitive functions. Manufactured by Natrol, Cognium has earned quite a good reputation among brain health supplements. Natrol has been in business for over 35 years and is also known for weight management pills and vitamins that promote the brain health.
Ingredients in Cognium
There are various ingredients that perform different functions in order to achieve the overall effect of the capsules. Some of these ingredients are:
CERA Q Powder: It is made from proteins that are derived from cocoons of the silkworm. This powder is known to prevent the building up of stores of amyloid plaque. These amyloid plaques are suspected to play a role in Alzheimer’s disease. CERA Q powder is the main ingredient of these memory capsules. It benefits memory, learning and concentration.
Dicalcium Phosphate: It is used to make substance dilute so that it could be easily swallowed.
Microcrystalline Cellulose: It also plays a key role to bind formulations.
Maltodextrin: This is used as the coating agent. It also increases the level of calories in various supplements. In terms of viscosity of the supplements, Maltodextrin also plays an important role.
Stearic Acid: It is used in order to prevent loss of water.
Magnesium Stearate: It is closely related to the manufacturing process itself. It lubricates the tablets so that they don’t get stick to the various machines during going through the process of manufacturing.
Glycerin: This is also used in order to prevent loss of water.
Dosage & Side Effects
It’s important to know the dosage & side effects of Cognium. Not more than two tablets should be taken daily. For example, one tablet in the morning and another in the evening can be taken. At both times, ensure that the tablet is taken along with a meal.
There are no side effects of this brain health supplement. There are certain conditions, however, under which this supplement should be avoided. These are:
- If you are pregnant or nursing
- If you are under any medication
In both cases, it’s best to seek medical advice, along with reading customer reviews.
Does it Work?
There are many advantages to using this nootropic supplement. Some of them may include:
- The main ingredient, CERA Q powder which is derived from the proteins that are extracted from cocoons of silkworms, increases the power of recollection so that you can recollect events faster. Thus, helping the ability to memorize in the process. It also helps in concentration and other cognitive functions such as learning and understanding.
- It is also believed that the main ingredient, CERA Q powder fights against Alzheimer’s disease as this powder fights against the build-up of amyloid plaque.
- It is one of the supplements which has been vigorously studied for its benefits, effects and side effects.
There are many positive customer reviews for Cognium. This brain health supplement has shown many benefits starting from helping in the ability to memorize, learning, understanding to fight against Alzheimer’s disease by preventing the build-up of the store of amyloid plaque. Thus, the tablet does have the potential to bring a change in the lives of people.